Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Review of the Bills 2010 schedule










-I find it hilarious that ESPN dedicates a 2-hour show previewing the schedule. Um, hello?! I knew who the Bills were playing the second the season ended. Anyways, the only thing that I'm ever interested in regarding the schedule is if the Bills are playing on primetime. Well, they aren't. Hell, they aren't even playing games when the sun is in the process of setting. Talk about not having the NFL give a crap about you. Well, at least we don't have to worry about Vampires coming to the games-

-From October 10th to Novemeber 14th, the Bills will go over a month without playing in the confines of Ralph Wilson Stadium. Sorry, not counting Toronto as a legit home game-

-The combined record of the teams facing the Bills are 126-126. What does that mean for the Bills? Absolutely nothing-

-I'm not sure when the actual schedule is decided. But I wonder what would have happened if the NFL Draft took place a month ago and the Bills selected Tebow or Clausen. Do you think the Bills would have made it on primetime? Or at least have a 4pm game start?-

-It marks the third year in a row that the Bills will be playing the Chiefs in KC and the Browns in Orchard Park. Can't wait to watch those instant classic games. Ugh-

-Dam you, NFL! You couldn't have the Bills play the Steelers when Big Ben is likely to be serving his suspension for being a wannabe Alpha Beta frat boy. Oh, what the hell am I saying? They would have probably still lost-

-The farthest the Bills will have to travel out west is Kansas City. I think that was the farthest the team traveled last year too. Hmmm, I guess the Bills must really like the peanuts on that flight or Ralph doesn't like paying for all that jet fuel. I kid, I kid-

-That Bills vs Vikings has a drinking game written all over it. Take a shot whenever the Vikings get a play of 20 yards or more. Take another shot when Jared Allen sacks Trent Edwards or TBD quarterback. Chug a beer when the Bills score a touchdown. Um, yeah, you may want to buy a 40 ouncer if you have the Bills for that drinking game-

-Call me old fashion, but I like it when the Bills are playing on primetime. I just like the idea of having the football world watch Buffalo. I'll admit, I got a little teary eye when I saw the crowd go crazy during the Bills vs Cowboys/Browns match-ups. Yes, those tears of joy changed to tears of anger after those games. Eh, maybe it's a good thing that NBC and ESPN hates us-

-I've talked to a couple of friends who are happy that the Toronto game isn't a division match-up. I get the whole logic of not wanting to give away a division game to a neutral site. However, if I had season tickets, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with losing that game. Chicago is a fun team to watch and you can only see them play once every 8 years at home. Hell, have Toronto take the Browns or Lions game. I bet Chicago being a marquee team is the reason for the Bills deciding to move it to Canada. Thanks a lot, Ralph-

-You want to know the scary thing? How many of these teams on the schedule have gotten better this offseason? You can't really say that about the Bills. Even the Lions have been active in free agency and trades. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't see 7-9 in the forecast for this season-

-Forget the talk about McNabb playing against the Eagles. Who cares about Brett Favre visiting the Jets. Randy Moss taking on the Vikings? Pssh...We got our own reunion, right here in Buffalo! How about Chan Gailey going against all three of his former NFL teams that he coordinated offenses for in the past (Steelers, Chiefs and Dolphins). Yeah, that's a storyline of revenge, baby! Call NBC to flex schedule those bad boys-

No comments:

Post a Comment