Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick Hits on the Bills vs Redskins + Audio from yours truly




















-Well, I liked the first drive by the Bills. If it wasn't for a holding penalty, the Bills would have probably scored a touchdown. Its too bad the Bills didn't just bench their starters after the first drive, because fans would have probably felt better about the team. I also thought the offensive line played better than what I expected, especially if consider the team played without both their starting tackles-

-Six first downs in the first half by the Bills and four of them coming on the first drive. Not good-

-Read On Twitter that Chan Gailey said that besides Edwards interception, he was impressed with his first half performance. Um, Chan, your team was down by 18 points and your starting QB couldn't move the ball against the 2nd team-

-Look, I know fans hate and despise Aaron Maybin, but that was a very questionable call against him for roughing the passer. Very borderline if you ask me. Bottom line: Any mistake that Maybin makes is going to be multiplied by 20 from Bills fans. The guy just isn't popular. Hey, at least he got a sack against the 3rd string tackle.

-Can anyone explain to me how Joe Theismann was employed by ESPN for almost 20 years? Awful!-

- I wonder if Chan Gailey gave a crate of champagne to Mike Shanahan prior to the game for NOT taking the Bills job? It's funny, because if it wasn't for the 10 or so coaches that turned down the Bills job, Gailey would have probably been coaching in the UFL-

-WTF is going on with these injuries? I thought the Bills hired the Body by Jake Trainers or Richard Simmons to make sure we didn't have to go through this again. Maybe its just blind luck, folks-

-I know most Spiller fans will think that if Jackson and Lynch are out for an extended period of time, it would mean that Spiller would get even more touches. Sorry, but be careful for what you wish for. Spiller isn't a workhouse type of back. He's not OJ Simpson and I don't think he can handle touching the ball 20-25 times a game. The Bills need to get one of those two players back in the line-up as quickly as possible.

-Now, repeat after me: Preseason football is a complete scam!! Whether you think the Bills are going to be terrible or great this year, don't let the preseason affect your opinion. It's a fraud-

-Frankly, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm impressed with Chad Simpson for running for a long touchdown against 3rd teamers, who will be bagging groceries in the fall-

-Look, Chan Gailey and the media can talk all they want about having the most intense practice sessions since the Romans slayed lions in the Coliseum before the actual events. However, this is pretty much the same squad we had last year and you just can't make chicken soup out of chicken sh$#. BTW, I didn't need to watch the 1st preseason game to know that-

-Also, if you haven't read my Bills post game notes going back to last year, I assure you, they are much more detailed than what you have just read. It's just...It's preseason and I just don't care-

BTW: I did I live post game show after the Bills/Redskins game on BSN Live on Justin.tv. Check it out and let me know what you think. Also, be sure to check out BSN Live on Justin.TV, the link is below the screen.




Watch live video from BSN LIVE on Justin.tv

3 comments:

  1. I really want to listen but there is no sound coming out. Maybe it's my system but I used multiple browsers. I would love to hear the rebroadcast of your show.

    Thank

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works for me, just hit the play button on the middle of the screen or goto the direct link below it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.justin.tv/a/bsnlive/b/268338214 Here is the direct link to it.

    ReplyDelete